Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ten Days Here and Ten Days There

I'm writing a fast and short one now. It's 2 am, I'm trying to type as quietly as I can because there is a little family trying to sleep in their little home in their little room in Sofia. They had been hosted me for three days, and they are the people who has harts as big as a whale has.

They shared everything they had with me, their time, their places, their food, their good mood, their everything! They invited me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They took me into the countryside to a nice bath in a cool forest place. I totally became a family member for these days. And I also became a bit (to be honest, a lot) confused as I really don't know I can give something back from this.

Approaching Vratsa

I just write a bit also about my trip. Entering Bulgaria I was cycling through Vidin to Vratsa, and from Vratsa to Sofia. I had the most beautiful and cool wild camping place near the river Iskyr. But not more of this, let some photos speak instead (check the Gallery).


River Iskir

So, well, yes, back to my main theme - CouchSurfing confused me. And I feel confused because I don't know how to be really greatful and thankful to these people, who are the most nice ones I ever met. I really can't find it out. Maybe when I go home and when I'll began to share my couch with other people, I'll have the "what comes around goes around" feeling and I won't be so confused, but till then I'm just receiving all the goods: the finest, home made foods, the best tips how to prepare the finest home made food, the best tips where to cycle in Bulgaria and in Turkey (Petar and his pair are big bikers, had been to many places, e.g. in 2009 they took 2500 kms in Turkey - so he had some experience and thoughts to share), and so on.

First night at Sofia in a Hostel

Anyway, I will be thankful for them and I think I will remember them well as this experience what I had with them can not be compared to anything else.

Sofia, Vitosha mountains

And now, a few informative sentences before I finish - as I don't have any nice, good and deep thoughts as I have during riding the bike. Tomorrow I'll join a 10 day long Vipassana course near Sofia. After it I'll get back to Sofia for one or two days, and than I'll ride down to Rila mountains, and than through Rodopi mountains. This is for September, so I'll arrive to Istambul at around the beginning of October. That it's for now, I'll switch off complately for ten days to go into the deeper spheres of my mind and to get it cleaner, sharper and finer after the next ten days. After it I'll write some notes again. Till then, just check the gallery!

No comments: