Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thoughts between Lesu and Alba Iulia

This is the first time when I wrote the hungarian version first, so let's see how it works. :) Anyway, I feel myself a bit strange. Sometimes I could write novels, sometimes a word is too much. Also many things happened in the last week (actually, the first week) that I'm a bit confused. Surely it is familiar to everybody who had ever travelled further then the shop on the corner. Dense, intense, full of action and impressions. Huhh, what to say, how to go further?

I don't want to create one more blog of "I was here at this time, it was beautiful and amazing and tomorrow I'll go there and it'll be beautiful and amazing!", there are so many on the net. Instead I try to write on my impressions and feelings. Now about Romania.

Hiking starts here

One of my main thoughts are that the people here goes along like "Leave it, it's ok like this! Why bother? It's not my business. Who cares?". I feel it everywhere - in the traffic on the roads, in the streets of the towns, in the act of the shopkeepers. Because of this I became invisible on the roads. In this way I don't argue with the drivers not seeing me as I know I'm invisible. So there can not be any problems if they don't care.

The Nice Parts

I don't want to make a negative picture of this place, of this country. It is balanced. The "beautiful and amazing" landscape near lake Lesu with horses picking up some leftovers from the trash what is everywhere. Approaching to the Bihar mountains and catching the first view of the mountains, with a few km long trash-line. Bare foot horse carriage beside a brand new BMW. It's a strangly balanced mixture of nice, ugly, disgusting and beautiful stuff going deeper into the balkan states.

Horses at breakfast

One more important note: all the people who I met and who I spoke with me were very kind and helpful and friendly all the time. It is complately the opposite of what I wrote above (as "Who cares?").

Leaving Bihar

No comments: