Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

How things getting smoother

I had the second broken spoke yesterday evening. I found a nice camp in Debrecen, had stand the bike to a tree and make a phone call. And suddenly, while the bike peacfully standing under the tree, one spoke sais: "Paioung". Welcome, second broken spoke! What would you like to tell me?

It's obvious message is: Gergő, you need a new wheel, this system is not working. It worked for a time, with 5- kgs, but now you've reached the limit. Do something.

Camping in Debrecen

So today I just looked around in Debrecen. In theese moments (I'm writing it at around noon) a new wheel is being prepared. A stronger one. Hopefully so strong it'll hold the big load (more food and more water on the bike what I first planned) and will handle the bad road conditions in Transylvania and in Bulgaria and who knows where. We'll see. The important point why I'm not upset and I'm thankful for these two spoke breaks is that it happened now, in Hungary, where I can easyly manage to have it fixed.

Hortobagy is minimalist

Ah, and some nice stuff! In the camp I met a couple from Germany who are riding to Turkey and further - actually they are in an around-the-world tour (www.discovering-tandem-tour.com) with a tandem and a carrier (that is heavy load!). They were preparing for this trip in the last 1,5 years. Hehe, my one month preparation looks rediculous from this perspective. Anyway, we both are on the road, on the way to Turkey, and maybe we'll meet in Transylvania. It was really nice to see them, to chat with them and to make a big bowl of oatmeal with cinnemon for them.

Matthias and Sarah in Debrecen

1 comment:

Francois said...

Heya,

I hope these beaking spokes are finding a solution, do you now the cuase of it?
Well, a friend told me about your blog and I am actually on a similar road thatn you are, will reach Istanbul this year, currently ijn Transilvaniamaking a big tour to Targu Mures and back for Yugoslavia, Blugaria... woul be nice that we can meet exchange our experiences and share the wind!

please contact me on my eamil joethelion/at/free.fr, you can have a look at my journal there: http://biketrippin.com/trips/primary_cycling/journal/

happy tailwinds, Francois