Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Friday, August 12, 2011

Riding Alone with Company

After spending two days at Alba Iulia I felt I have to go. I've already knew where are the good and cheep places to eat, where to stop and when the traffic lamps change so I can slip through a road crossing. Also I felt we became friends with the romanian gardener in the camp - who could speak only romanian, but we had nice and funny discussions (as I can't speak romanian).


No cars, but dogs...

I would ride towards lake Oasa if I didn't get an SMS from Sarah and Matthias who I met in Debrecen: Hi Gergő! Let's go through the Trans-Fogaras together. I said "Of Course", so instead of climbing another pass, I chose to meet them near Sibiu in a Camp. So instead of 75 kms on main roads I did 120 kms on minor roads. And survived my first dog attack - it was not as bad as I thought but at the first moment (and also in the second) I really was afraid. Anyway, they let me go. (As I wrote this, a nice, cute dog just sattled near me, as if he were saying: c'mon, they were just protecting their territorry, but you know it also!)

What did you say about my friends?

So below Sibiu on the south I met the couple who are suffering in the let'sridearoundtheglobe illness. Pure them! Anyway, they are really nice people, both left their safe and well paid job to live their dreams. Nice move! Ah, and in this situation I have a strange feeling. It is so if I knew them for thousand years, and at the same time they are totally foreign to me. This meeting brings me the thoughts if I am riding alone. Am I riding alone? Can anyone ride alone? Can anyone be alone? Anyway, we spent this nice day together, telling stories, relaxing, cooking - and me, writing. It was nice to hear that Matthias had been a road racer back in Eastern Germany, pushing hard, been on races in Spain, Italy, France, and had 25000 kms a year in his best form. Not bad...

Camping in a real camp

Ah, there are so many people riding! In this camp I saw a bike looks perfect for riding around the Moon! (Hehe, good idea for next year!) I hope I won't meet with it's owner, because if it turns out he was a programmer in a comfortable position, but left to ride his bike, well, I'll climb the Fogaras mountains walking on my hands and stay up there for a decade!

I know what is Rohloff!

But this won't happen. What will happen is tomorrow we'll roll down to Sibiu, look around the town, go to Carta, camp there, and the next day: early-wake-up commando, huge-breakfast commando, pack-fast commando, smallest-chainwheel commando for all day. Up-on-Trans-Fogaras commando!

Fogaras in the background

No comments: