Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Catch Up With...

This was the text I sent to CouchSufring after spending a day in an expensive hotel in Craiova - I'm looking for a couch so I could stay one more day in Craiova, so I can catch up with my writings and with editing my photos and with planning my trip further. This was the first time I used CouchSurfing.

I met my host, Ionut (could be a Polish astronaut, huh?) in the late afternoon, we went to his flat. He was also hosting a young french couple, but he said I have a place, too. It felt good to have the possibility to stay one more day in a city, to meet new people and to be hosted by a guy like Ionut.

Craiova at daytime

He lead us around in the city in the late afternoon. He showed us what mostly I had seen before during the day, but his comments from history and geography was worth to hear, and also the city showed her different face to us as we were approaching into the night.

Elegant

It turned out that Ionut is as a celebrity in this city - we bumped into many people who greeted him, we stopped many times so he could have a little chat with his friends. Also, after looking around in the inner city we got a taxi and drove out to the park - for my best surprise, there was a little Velodrom inside the park, of course we checked it! So funny to have this playground around!

Being leaded by Ionut (on the right)

We got to bed around two as we also went to a birthday party to one of Ionut's friends - we had some more discussions on the huge, still unsolved problems of Romania, of France, of Europe, of the Earth and of the whole Universe. Later at night we still couldn't mantion any solved ones, but we got to bed with much more than we had woke up that day.

Nighttime

Everybody gained from this meeting. Ionut now have even more people turning to him with big respect, and also us, the guests had great time with him at his home, in his city (that is one important point at CS: you'll be hosted in your host's city - info coming from her / him can't be compared to info get via browsing the net).

2 comments:

Ionut said...

it's so nice reading this... the only thing that I want to say that your courage to do this trip inspired me in so many ways :) and our discussions were so good, it's so refreshing to talk with people like you... just hope for you to fulfill your journey and hope to meet you in the future again. best of luck

Robotologist said...

Thanks again, Ionut, it's good to read your opinion!

Greets from Sofia