Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Malko Po Malko

Sofia, again and again, and still Sofia - as I can't get enough of it! It's good to be here and every time I'm here it is just perfect. Oh, and I love Sofia, as I love Bulgaria and all the bulgarian people - I treat them deep in myself as close relatives somehow. I don't know, how, and why, it is just so. I can't do anything about it. Or, well, actually, I can. I can write about it and also about other things, slowly, little by little, malko po malko.


I don't know what is the reason of this feeling. I just know that I feel myself home in this city, in this country, I feel good with the people here. They are friendly, open-minded, helpful, and they are strong as iron. Or, at least, those, whom I meet.

This brotherhood feeling just got stronger and stronger during this ten day Vipassana course I was sitting with them. Oh, these ten days! I can surely say these ten days had been one of the most valuable ones in my life. This technique what can be learnt on a course like this is so precious I can't have words on it. If I don't have the luck to try it two years before, I don't think I had had the power to stand up from the office desk and quit my job. Not to mantion also the non-smoking last two years, which was not an achievement, it was just a simple consequence of the fact that I began to feel, to know that it is not good for me to smoke. Same happened with the alcohol. I just quit. Ok, maybe it doesn't mean that I'll never more lit a cigarette or I'll never more drink, who knows, maybe when I'll be a really old crap man, I'll smoke a huge cigar with some strong whiskey and I'll feel myself good. It just means it happened - and for me it also means it is better to be without cigarettes and alcohol as with them.

Ok, enough of the drugs, hehe. I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful and clean technique to practice and help to be a better person - and does it without beeing religous, without beeing sectarian, without having some blind rites and rituals. It was good for me, directed my life seemingly to a better one I had before, so I can only recommend this to everybody who is into developing her or himself, into becoming a better person. Check www.dhamma.org if you interested in the details.

And now, back to Sofia, but not for long. I'm spending this day with writing. I'm at the place of one of my roommate from the course, he invited me, so I said yes, gladly, greatfully. It's time to write a little, even if it is hard after this ten days brain surgery and after not writing for more than two weeks. And it is also strange to browse the net. I find more and more as I go along that I need the Internet less and less. And it becomes obvious how much time I spent in the last years totally useless just surfing, as pressing buttons on the remote control of the television. It's a fantastic feeling to get out of this unnecessary, time-wasting surfing and spend the time gained with much more interesting and much more live stuff.

And now I'm writing a little about my plans. Tomorrow I'll start early morning to go to the bottom of Rila mountains and find a good place to sleep there. After it I'll climb slowly, little by little, malko po malko up to 2000 m, and sleep there. If I'll find a suitable place to leave my bike and all stuff in safe, I'll make a hike to a peak up around to 2600 m - if the weather let me do this. If doesn't, I'll let the weather to keep me in a house or in my tent and I'll let some more stuff coming out of me. Some better stuff than this one, as this is a bit shakey, a bit of nothing, a bit of a justwritesomething, a bit of a coming back to life, to the outside world and back on track. I think if I had clicked my shoes in the pedal and I ride again I'll write some more clear and funnier and useful and interesting stuff, better than this one. Better, more well-combed, shaved, tidy and clean. Or maybe the opposite - dirty, punk and stinky. Who knows? I know I'll write some more later, we'll see how it'll turn out.

Till than I hope it is good to read I'm feeling well, I'm having a good time, I feel I'm getting more and more freedom and knowledge from the inner and outer worlds, and I'm really greatful and thankful of this for everybody.

No comments: