Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Monday, October 3, 2011

Cappadocia - Istanbul: 2:1

I'm writing now a short one, kind of a gallery-refreshing one - I was in the mood to take pictures. Before, I had a wild rally in Istanbul from the appartment to the bus station. I had a funny 11 hours all-night-long long bus ride from Istanbul to Nevsehir, Göreme. I had three excellent days in Cappadocia: making excursions, eating out in Göreme, looking around in the nearby and meeting my german friends again.


Morning view from the camp

Cappadocia is a strange place. Walking on another planet. There were 2-3 volcanos in the nearby, exploding, spreading their garbage around. After a while this sand and dust hardened, but became not too hard, so the wind, the water, the rainfalls created this area. People soon found out it is possible to create and dig some comfortable appartments into the stones, so they moved in. It's a balanced mixture of Star-Wars-like desert houses and Flintstone's classic buildings. Undescribeable surface of an unknown planet.

It's good to be here - after junglefight out from Red Valley

It's good to spend my time here, but again, the move is in my veins. Also, October seems to be a bit chilly here (above 1000m sea level, in the middle of the continent). I'm camping for a few liras, and during the night wearing a base layer in the tent became essential. So I decided to start and go on the south soon, hopefully tomorrow. Well, not straight, because I have to check out a road climbing above 2000 m in the side of the Ala mountains. Seems to me that these roads are my main milestones on the way, and I feel I have to climb them, or at least give them a try. Where to sleep on this way I really don't know, but I'll see and write about it later.

See my friends? Sarah and Matthias

As I mantioned, I again met my german friends. We've met first in Debrecen, then in Sibiu, Romania, and we climbed the Trans-Fogaras pass together. After it, for the third time, we are meeting in the middle of Turkey, in Cappadocia - it is so good! Ah, and they are pushing hard sometimes, when they ride their road train - but sometimes they make a longer break, like here, spending 5 days in one, beautiful place - to relax, to recover, to explore, to discover. They are making a big U-turn in Turkey (3-4000 kms as I can guess), then fly to New-Zeeland for three months. That's a five-star attitude!

Simple Cappadocia

My plans are the following: from here I move my legs to pedal down south to the sea, and from there I'll move to the west on the coast testing how is November in South-Turkey.

Deep Sand

I have some plans after spending my 90 days in Turkey, but I don't have any facts. Visas needs to be arranged, fly-ticket need to be reserved (if I can carry my bike and what it costs - has to find out), vaccinas has to be injected - all these has to be managed from the side of the road, in Turkey. I really hope it is possible and I can manage to travel further. So I'll write about it when I decided about the further destination. Till then, check the Gallery!

No comments: