Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mr. Vertigo

Instead of walking through and through again in one of the most astonishing, historical and magical city on this planet, I'm sitting in the caffee of my favourite bookshop reading Mr. Vertigo. I've just finished and put it down. I can do nothing, I had the mood for this, reading day and night - and what happened? Again, the tears.

I'm not doing my unfinished tourist duties, instead, I'm sitting and reading, giving my last Istanbul day and hours to a book. Or, more to the feelings reading this book gives me. An avalanche of them, what covered me and made me unable to move, what made me stayed in Şişli. It's strange, maybe can not be understood, but, well, this is the case. If I were on a holiday, I'm sure I had been giving all my seconds to the city. Don't misunderstand me - I'm totally aware of that maybe this is my one-and-only time here, that maybe there won't be a second chance to see Haghia Sophia, just to mantion one missed sight. It just means I'm not on holidays - I'm just hanging out.

And some news: I have a bus ticket to Nevsehir, to Göreme, Cappadocia. I have a few hours more to pack all my things, to put it all on the bike, to make another funny hellride through Istanbul to get to the bus station and have a ten hour travel buy the huge machine during the night.

And well, I'll meet again my german friends, Sarah and Matthias, they've just wrote me an e-mail they'll arrive soon to Cappadocia (I've got the mail after I decided to go there). So a few more days and I'll write and post some more photos, but from a different planet. Gülegüle, Istanbul!

No comments: