Budapest - Isztambul - magyarul

Monday, November 7, 2011

Hundred

I started this trip a hundred days ago. I didn't count the days, but my mom did. And she wrote me a nice mail yesterday reminding me on this number. So let it be the day of writing again. I'm doing this at the same table where I wrote the last two posts. It means I've spent more than two weeks in this perfect camp in Anamur. And still I don't want to leave. Ok, sometimes I thought about it, maybe. Sometimes and maybe.

There are times when I feel the whole Budapest-Istanbul project was about to get me here to this camp and stop me, slowly, as a flywheel stops. I don't ride the bike, I don't make new photos - I don't wish to be in newer and newer places, I don't want to see more sobeautifulbeaches, sobeautifulmountains, sobeautifulpeople, sobeautifullandscape. Everything is here at once, in the same space and time.

I have breakfast and dinner with fantastic characters every day. I have huge and long walks on the seaside. We spend half days just telling stories and laughing with Michael and Angela. Once I also found myself moving around in the kitchen baking my favourite apple-banana-oat cake while Angela and Michael were constructing four pizzas to be enough for everybody. Sometimes we ride the old Vespa to Anamur to buy some food. We play go, we play backgammon, we drink tea. We laugh so much. These are small things but these small things makes my days totally easy and free and let me live without any little trace of stress.

This huge easy-going life feels so good I just want to keep it up - but this doesn't mean I'm becoming a nihilist. In fact it is the opposite - I have many plans in my mind - some of them dissolve, some of them survive. Those survive become more detailed and more deep. I feel like this process can move me out of Anamur's Dragon Camp. And of course the shorter and shorter days, the heavier and heavier wind we have during the days and the colder and colder nights in the tent.

I haven't yet decided when to start. When I can get enough food into Mustafa's stomach so man won't feel dizzy looking at this dog, which is more thin and skin and bones than me. Or maybe earlier, because it can happen that I'll just jump off and go, shut the door of my fairytale sanatorium behind me so that I can start a bit larger, but still as nice and funny project as the Budapest-Istanbul bike trip. Maybe at home?

3 comments:

Angela & Michi auf Reisen said...

Nice post ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gergely,
you are still in Annamur!? Crazy, but you are doing right it is a nice place.
Right now we are sitting in the bus to Istanbul.
Enjoy your life

Sarah & Matze

Robotologist said...

Hi Sarah and Matthias! It's nice to hear from you! Maybe we can meet in Istanbul for a tea sometime as I'll take a bus there soon!

Greets,

Gergő